Re: Adding stuff to the core distro (was Re: Infix syntax)

From: Daniel Skarda
Subject: Re: Adding stuff to the core distro (was Re: Infix syntax)
Date: 20 Oct 2002 21:15:14 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> >   No other tricky whitespace handling is performed (it would be dangerous,
> > since
> > #\- and #\* are often used in scheme symbols).
>
> Albeit dangerous, I'd vote for having it (as an option, at least). It should
> just
> accept ``classical'' identifiers (C-like if you wish). Background: I'm
> playing with
> the idea of letting users enter formulas for a small application (users not
> aware
> of Scheme), and I think the ``classical'' syntax is easier to grasp for them.

  This would require more clever tokenizer (symbol splitting) than current
implementation in infix.scm. How would you split 1-1e-1? I do not want to write
another tokenizer - rather I would like to rewrite "read" to support lisp-like
readtables and than configure it to enable "classical" identifiers.

  Any objections?

  (well, my diary say something about no spare time, but I try to fix that :-)

0.