Re: Adding stuff to the core distro (was Re: Infix syntax)

From: Christopher Cramer
Subject: Re: Adding stuff to the core distro (was Re: Infix syntax)
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 17:17:21 -0500

On Wed, Oct 16, 2002 at 11:35:15PM +0200, Daniel Skarda wrote:
> ps: Sometimes I also use read-hash extension for shorter
> (sed|awk|perl|...)-like regular expressions: #/foo.*bar/i, sometimes
> I also use srfi-10 #,(rx "foo.*bar" icase). Do you think that other
> guilers would benefit from such hairy extensions?

Ack. I actually started using #/ for SQL.

I think there definitely needs to be some better method of preventing
read-hash-extend collisions. The current method, where you pick one
character and hope no other code uses it, is going to cause problems
at some point. Per-module hash extensions would be the best way,
I think.

--
Christopher Cramer <address@hidden> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
"Gore would have finished ahead by the barest of margins had he pursued