Re: Debian packages (Re: What can I do to help?)

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Debian packages (Re: What can I do to help?)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:43:45 -0500

Daniel Skarda <address@hidden> writes:

> While I was browsing list of Debian packages, I noticed many
> packages of development beta versions (sometimes even checkouts from
> CVS). Though there was not package for libguile1.7. I do not
> understand this "message" Guile developers want to send to potential
> Guile users :-(please do not use Guile?)

How about the message: "please do not use (and link applications
against) development versions of guile".

And wrt to packaging 1.6, I'm going as fast as my time and the
complexity allows.  Last weekend was spent working on emacs21, which
has more important and longer-standing issues.  That work is just
about finished.  Last night I spent working with mvo on the ltdl
issue, arguably one that affects *every* platform, and one we may have
fixed for 1.6.1.

The 1.6. packages will be released soon, the debian/* files will be in
CVS (after I finish re-writing them to avoid copyright issues), and I
doubt the few week delay is likely to hurt anything.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu