Re: some rpm building questions

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: some rpm building questions
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:56:12 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> The spec ended up packing like this. Is it OK? And how about ltdl? Can
> the old one be replaced? Can libtool use this libltdl if the old one is
> replaced?
>
> Bo
>

> guile
>       /usr/bin/guile

For which distribution is this spec?  It would be nice if packages
were named to something like

        guile1.6

so that you can install multiple (binary incompatible) releases next
to each other.  This would be especially cool for RedHat, since GUILE
1.6 managed to slip past the RedHat 8 release date (making guile 1.4
the RH standard for the coming years.)

> The spec ended up packing like this. Is it OK? And how about ltdl? Can
> the old one be replaced? Can libtool use this libltdl if the old one is
> replaced?

I wouldn't opt for that many subpackages.  The space savings would be
small, and it confuses users.  I'd rather have a single guile and
guile-devel package;