Re: What can I do to help? (conclusions)

From: Dr William Bland
Subject: Re: What can I do to help? (conclusions)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 17:14:20 +0000

Thanks to everyone who replied to my original post.  Lots of good ideas
here.

I took a look at Jim Blandy's list, and guile/workbook/tasks/TODO, but
everything either looks too hard or doesn't interest me enough.

I've kind of gone off the idea of doing libxml bindings since most guile
people don't like xml much.  It may be something I return to in the future
however.  If anyone thinks libxml bindings are sufficiently important,
please feel free to try to convince me ;-)

GnuCash sounds pretty interesting, but I'm afraid I wouldn't be much
help.  I don't use GnuCash at all (or any program like it) and I don't
know anything about finance or accounting.

I'm swaying back towards the idea of scripting Abiword with guile, since I
use Abiword quite a bit and I can think of lots of neat things that guile
scripts could do there.

If anyone wants to try to talk me out of it though, I'm still open to
comments ;-)

Thanks again for all the suggestions.
Best wishes,
                Bill.