Re: What can I do to help?

From: Derek Atkins
Subject: Re: What can I do to help?
Date: 30 Sep 2002 18:35:00 -0400

This is indeed the main goal behind using guile as an extension
language for GnuCash..  The main hurdle right now is the lack of a
user-created startup file (ala .emacs) that gets loaded at system
startup.  Similarly lacking is a plug-in directory to all the system
to autoload new modules (ala a system-wide '.emacs' ;) I think once
both of those issues are resolved it will be MUCH easier for users to
write gnucash applets.

So, if there is some guile guru who can help me implement the "load
all .scm files in directory <foo>", I'd be happy to listen.

-derek

PS: The next step after solving the autoload hurdle is going to be
wrapping the rest of the C API in scheme.... ;)