Re: Guile 1.5.8 beta available for testing.

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.8 beta available for testing.
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:06:36 +0200

Rob Browning <address@hidden> wrote:
: We are pleased to annouce the availability of Guile 1.5.8 for testing.
: Please report problems to address@hidden or address@hidden
:
: Note that the 1.5.X series is a BETA series, intended only for
: testing, so please don't put it into a distribution or anything
: similar.
:
: This release is only a minor update from 1.5.7 -- guile-snarf has
: been changed to not require the input file to be the first argument
: after the optional -o.  Apparently this was breaking too many other
: programs.  Since this update was so minor, Marius and I agreed that
: the release date should remain unchanged.  So unless any release
: critical bugs bugs are found beforehand, the first 1.6 stable
: version, 1.6.1, will be released on or after this weekend.

I'd appreciate it if the SCM_POSFIXABLE() bug, steming from the
fallback SCM_LONG_BIT define in __scm.h, was fixed before 1.6
was released.

  Lars J