Autoconf-like #defines in distributed header file

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Autoconf-like #defines in distributed header file
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 13:54:24 +0200

[just adding my 2 cents. I've ignored discussion till now.]

address@hidden writes:

> ... '#define's from the build phase of libguile leak into the
> software's build. '#define PACKAGE_VERSION ""' from scmconfig.h
> will override the softwares own version of the value and possibly
> introduce errant behaviour if the software uses this value for
> its own version testing.

I just recompiled lilypnod with gcc3 and for some reason it
only now complains with .

out/version.hh:6:1: let op: "PACKAGE_NAME" redefined
In file included from /users/hanwen/usr/pkg/guile/include/libguile/__scm.h:157,
                 from /users/hanwen/usr/pkg/guile/include/libguile.h:50,
                 from /users/hanwen/usr/pkg/guile/include/guile/gh.h:50,
                 from include/lily-guile.hh:18,
                 from include/parse-scm.hh:6,
                 from lexer.ll:31:
/users/hanwen/usr/pkg/guile/include/libguile/scmconfig.h:562:1: let op: this is
the location of the previous definition

In any case, I think this should be fixed (I'll look into the
discussion when mail.gnu.org becomes alive again.)