Re: Guile on Mac OS X

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Guile on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 13:21:51 -0500

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

> I found three problems when building guile 1.5.6 on Mac OS X.
>
> 1. In gc_os_dep.c line 242 I had to use __APPLE__.
>     Could anyone fix this for upcoming releases?

Hmm.  I'd be happy to, but first, I see we're using macosx there.
Anyone know why that's not being defined, or is that not the "offical"
macosx tag for configure (if there is one yet)...

Could you run ./config.guess and see what it says?

> 2. The configure does not detect the sleep/usleep declarations. They
>     are available but are not detected. So there is a type conflict in
>     scmsigs.c. Does anyone knows why the configure script fails to
>     detect the declarions?

My guess is that there's a extra header needed or something similar on
macosx that's not getting included when the test runs.  I usually have
to look at the config.log and/or play with the actual configure.in to
see what's going on.  You might be able to put an exit 1 into the
configure.in just after that test so you can find the result easier in
the log.

> 3. I have to use manually --disable-shared for the configure script and
>     must set CFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp. Could someone put in the platform
>     specific gcc flag in the configure.in file.

How to handle this will probably depend on the answer to 1 above.
What does -no-cpp-precomp do?

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu