scm_* API question

From: rm
Subject: scm_* API question
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:14:36 +0200

Hello List,

i have a short API question:

in my application i have a SCM value that holds
a list of symbols. I need to

a) find the module that corresponds to this list,
   i.e. the scm_* counterpart of guile's resolve-module.
   Is:

     SCM my_list, my_module, my_symbol;

     my_module = scm_resolve_module(my_list);

   the right way?

b) access symbols from the module. Is:

     my_symbol = scm_module_lookup(my_module, a_symbol);

   ok?

c) use the module i found in step a. Hmm, the only thing i
   found so far is 'scm_c_use_module(char *)', but that takes
   a string (even without the enclosing brackets!) so i can't
   really use this (or do i have to build the string myself
   from my SCM list? Kind of silly, considering the fact that the
   list was built from a string using scm_c_read_string(char *).
   Oh, btw, whad _does_ scm_c_read_string return if string isn't
   a valid S-expression?

 TIA

    Ralf Mattes