Re: Roadmap and goals?

From: Christopher Cramer
Subject: Re: Roadmap and goals?
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:57:03 -0500

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 03:21:47PM +0300, Tanel Tammet wrote:
> To do that, I'd have to understand where is
> the Guile development moving, what are the prioritized
> goals, crucial principles, etc. What would be
> the projects inside Guile where a person
> like me could possibly help.

There's some stuff in CVS discussing this, e.g.:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/guile/guile/workbook/policy/plans.text?rev=1.1&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup
http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/guile/guile/workbook/tasks/TODO?rev=1.33&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

> For example, why exactly should somebody
> use Guile instead of SCM or Bigloo:
> what are the specific advantages and
> what is the downside. Why not use just
> SCM or Bigloo (they are faster, you know :-)
> There have to be answers to this question,
> just that I do not know the answers.

I haven't checked out SCM in a long time, so there is a slight possibility
this isn't true anymore, but the advantage Guile has over SCM is that
integration with C is much easier. There was some reason why I decided
to use Guile instead of Bigloo, but I really can't remember what it
was anymore. I know SCM is a little faster than Guile, but I was not
under the impression that Bigloo was.

--
Christopher Cramer <address@hidden> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
Quoi que vous fassiez, écrasez l'infâme, et aimez qui vous aime.