Re: specifying workbook dir for dist-hook

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: specifying workbook dir for dist-hook
Date: 03 Apr 2002 20:43:15 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

>     Thien-Thi> automake seems to handle "am/pre-inst-guile" fine and
>     Thien-Thi> i notice that that file doesn't have "if
>     Thien-Thi> MAINTAINER_MODE".  perhaps nested "if" clauses are
>     Thien-Thi> the real problem.  what happens if you remove "if
>     Thien-Thi> MAINTAINER_MODE" from am/maintainer-dirs?
>
> Well you beat me to it, but it seems to be working fine now.  Thanks!

Hmm, I'm afraid not.  Automake will still not handle the include
statement properly, but GNU make also has a include statement that
will then include the am/maintainer-dirs file.  As long as no automake
specific things are in this file, this will work.  The original bugs
happens precisely because make stumbles over the if statement that is
intended to be processed by automake.

But if automake 1.5 fixes the bug (I haven't checked yet), then we can
just require it.