Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: 1.5.6 Release Needs More Eyes
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:12:20 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 13:12:33 -0600

   Well, hmm.  I'd be happy to edit a file that affects the guile web
   pages whenever I release.  Is that possible as things stand right now,
   or would I need further permissions?

this depends on the perms you have now (which should cover the
savannah-hosted guile tree in its entirety, yes?).

the web pages are under another cvsroot, but that ambiguity in
convention will fall in time, i'm sure.  a good start would be to grep
all the scripts (sh and scheme) for env vars, document them (groan), add
to that list GUILE_MAINTAINER_WEBPAGE_ROOT (or whatever).  then we can
write scripts that depend on this, the result being that whatever is not
possible now can be made possible, easily.

if you do intend to do this, please tickle TODO on the way in and out.

thi