Re: snarfer guard macro name decision: SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: snarfer guard macro name decision: SCM_MAGIC_SNARFER
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:32:38 -0800

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 01:17:22 -0600

   Actually, I can't build guile 1.5 ATM.  I'll investigate tomorrow.
   [guile-readline not updated]

thanks for the bug report.  guile-readline/Makefile.am updated.

here's a command:

find -name Makefile.am \
  -exec grep -l '^.c.x' '{}' \; \
  -exec grep -l snarfcppopts '{}' \;

that prints out all known good Makefile.am files (twice).
for me this results in:

./guile-readline/Makefile.am
./guile-readline/Makefile.am
./libguile/Makefile.am
./libguile/Makefile.am
./srfi/Makefile.am
./srfi/Makefile.am

now is as a good time as any to seed the thought that we can save a lot
of keypresses by moving identical machinery into am/.  actually this
thought was there at am/ creation but i didn't apply it fully.  a missed
opportunity (the first of many).

obviously between slavish restraint and inopportune opportunism lies
some happy balance.  the state of the world is that people who benefit
from artificial restrictions to cultural development (including code)
would have you believe those myths that make up the machine:
  freedom is slavery
  war is peace
  ignorance is strength
the last is the first to be easily proven in the minds of many, when the
many love themselves because they are many.

grinding hate and grinding love both turn the soul to dust.

guile development
no matter the weed intake
a refuge from dust

thi