Re: pre-inst-guile

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: pre-inst-guile
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 20:33:17 -0600

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> see devel/build/pre-inst-guile.text (HEAD branch only).

Great, thanks.

> yeah, i considered this approach but decided against it in the end
> explicitly to discourage casual "drop-in replacement" usage.
> perhaps that decision was overly defensive.

Hard to say, but sometimes it's defintely convenient to be able to
test things (while you're hacking) without having to make install
every time.  Though I suppose in some cases, I'd actually like to
migrate in the direction of more often writing "make check" tests for
the features before I code them.  Depends on what I'm doing :>

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu