Re: Release 1.6 critical TODO items.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Release 1.6 critical TODO items.
Date: 03 Feb 2002 16:15:05 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Great.  And what was the final consensus about what to do with
> psyntax.ss -- I'd changed it here to use gentemp, but then you
> pointed out that gentemp had been deprecated.  So what do we want to
> do?

We should implement a version of gentemp specifically for psyntax.ss,
and put it in ince-9/syncase.scm with the name 'gensym' (but don't
export it).

> Also, there doesn't seem to be anything in the NEWS or TODO about
> gentemp being deprecated.

Yep, that was my fault.  It got deprecated when I removed the obarray
stuff from symbols.c.  I deprecated it since I reasoned that it was
too closely tied to obarrays and because CL deprecates it as well.  it
should also be easily implemented whenever its functionality is
needed.

I will add a NEWS entry.