Re: guile.m4 documentation

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: guile.m4 documentation
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2002 21:47:43 -0800

Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:

> i've added doc/ref/autoconf.texi, and @included it in Part II (both
> stable and unstable).  seems to be ok...
>
> one weirdness, however: in doc/ref/Makefile.am, i tried adding only
> autoconf.texi to guile_TEXINFOS (and omitting generated file
> autoconf-macros.texi), but this was not sufficient to cause "make
> guile.info" to DTRT when changing ../../guile-config/guile.m4 (the
> autoconf-macros.texi would be regenerated, but not guile.info).
>
> maybe there's a better way?

Not yet, but I am trying to encourage the autoconf and
texinfo folks to think about it some more.  :-)
[[texinfo is involved because the automake code for
texinfo rules came from them.]]  My preference is for
manual dependencies and to try automated dependencies
only when manual ones were not supplied.  That is not
currently an option.