Re: missing configure test

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: missing configure test
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2002 12:10:36 +0100

On Wed, Dec 26, 2001 at 04:01:59PM +0100, Marius Vollmer wrote:
: "Lars J. Aas" <address@hidden> writes:
:
: > Guile-core is using "makeinfo" in its build procedure, but the configure
: > script doesn't check if it exists on the system (it might not :).
: > Whether to abort configure or just disable the makeinfo step when it
: > doesn't exist is left as an exercise for the implementor...
:
: We will continue to build the online documentation along with
: libguile, since it might depend on build options.  If makeinfo is not
: available, we wont build any documentation at all.
:
: Sounds reasonable?

At least to me.

  Lars J