Re: errors during GC

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: errors during GC
Date: 16 Sep 2001 00:38:41 +0300

Michael Livshin <address@hidden> writes:

> > Also, the tags docs in tags.h should be updated for the card scheme.
>
> yes.

ok.  so I started changing the comments, and now I have a question:

with movement to cards, we now have a freed bit in the lowest byte of
the first word of objects with tc7 tags.  what should we do with this
bit?  the nicest thing would be to allow more tc7 tags.  then it would
also be nice to rename tc7 to tc8, right?

--
Don't trust these UNIX people.  They are all demons.  They kill their
parents and fork children.  I don't know how they could do this with