Re: Possible bug with re-export, :select and GOOPS accessors?!

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Possible bug with re-export, :select and GOOPS accessors?!
Date: 07 Sep 2001 10:47:54 +0100

>>>>> "Thien-Thi" == Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

    Thien-Thi> kind of, sort of, maybe.  the crux of the matter is how
    Thien-Thi> much weight one gives to the "export" concept.  if you
    Thien-Thi> think of it as a barrier, then it is wise to be
    Thien-Thi> explicit when overcoming that barrier.  if you think of
    Thien-Thi> it as a suggestion, then whether or not you heed that
    Thien-Thi> suggestion need not be formally expressed.

A viewpoint from the B&D corner...

I think for our (Guile developers) own sanity we should view it as a
barrier.  If not, we would logically have to apply the same care over
compatibility to all the internal stuff in (ice-9 *) that we currently
apply only to exported stuff.

(Or in the economics analogy, consumers are (if not unemployed) also
producers, which is why a purely consumption-led economy turns out to
be so soul destroying.)

        Neil