Re: long_long and ulong_long deprecated

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: long_long and ulong_long deprecated
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2001 18:19:54 -0500

stefan <address@hidden> writes:

> I defined it in my config.cache by hand, because I knew that there
> is a "long long" replacement (which is __int64). Thus I have a
> HAVE_LONG_LONG in my <config.h>.

An alternative would be to put a

  #ifdef SOMETHING_ONLY_DEFINED_ON_PLATFORMS_YOURE_WORRIED_ABOUT
    typedef __int64 long long;
    #define HAVE_LONG_LONG
  #endif

somewhere appropriate.

(Interesting... I didn't realize that long long was an ISO C9X type
 now, and there's also

  38. New <inttypes.h>, giving typedefs specifying integer types with

              exactly n bits
              at least n bits
              the fastest (whatever that means) type having at least n bits

        where n in [8, 16, 32, 64]. Also defines for each of these
        types macros expanding to the correct format specifiers for
        the printf and scanf families, as well as macros expanding to
        the correct suffixes for constants (e.g., UINT64_C (0x123)
        might expand to 0x123ULL) and for the maximum and minimum
        values of these types.)

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu