Re: scm_num2float() ?

From: Martin Baulig
Subject: Re: scm_num2float() ?
Date: 01 Sep 2001 18:24:15 +0200

Michael Livshin <address@hidden> writes:

> I think if we do this, then we should have `scm_num2float' too.
>
> I wonder if I should add this in the stable branch?

Hmm, may I also suggest another change - all these scm_num2something()
functions look like this:

====
extern short scm_num2short (SCM num, unsigned long int pos,
                            const char *s_caller);
extern unsigned short scm_num2ushort (SCM num, unsigned long int pos,
                                      const char *s_caller);
extern int scm_num2int (SCM num, unsigned long int pos,
                        const char *s_caller);
/* .... etc .... */
====

But there's

====
extern double scm_num2dbl (SCM a, const char * why);
====

which doesn't have a `pos' argument.

Can we add

====
extern float scm_num2float (SCM a, unsigned long int pos,
                            const char *s_caller);
extern double scm_num2double (SCM a, unsigned long int pos,
                              const char *s_caller);
====

and the corresponding VALIDATE and VALIDATE_COPY macros and then
deprecate scm_num2dbl() ?

--
Martin Baulig
address@hidden (private)