Re: Guile build process...

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: Guile build process...
Date: 06 Aug 2001 23:16:25 +0300

Daniel Skarda <address@hidden> writes:

>  * (documentation snarfing) Why .doc files in libguile/ looks so inefficient
> and
>    inelegant? I do not know whether I did something wrong during
> configuration,
>    but eval.doc has on my computer almost 0.5MB (and it looks like raw output
>    from preprocessor :-). All files together 9.5MB...

gah.  I've just never measured that...

I should make .doc files be texinfo, I guess.

>    [Purist's corner] Move snarf scripts/executables outside libguile directory
>    (possibly to to guile-core/utils:) and process of documentation snarfing
>    itself to doc directory (and also scan other directories - for example srfi
>    comes in mind first ... :)

I've never understood why the srfi's have a directory of their own at
all, now that you mention it.

>  * (suggestion) Extract all common rules (for creating .x files etc) into
>    guile-core/Make.rules and include it from Makefile.am (automake allows
>    including files).

perhaps, perhaps.

--
Shit doesn't hurt the world.  It provides valuable fertilizer to help
plants grow, grass to help cows, and at least 33% of the content of