Re: May nearly have simple statistical profiler working (need help).

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: May nearly have simple statistical profiler working (need help).
Date: 16 Jul 2001 19:09:17 +0100

    Rob> At least according to the docs in stacks.c, make-stack
    Rob> doesn't take procedures, it only takes a rest list of
    Rob> integers specifying the stack narrowing.  [...]

It's lying, I'm afraid; see lines 388 and 396 (stable branch), plus
usage of `make-stack' in boot-9.scm.  Below is an additional comment
that I've added to my local version but not yet committed.

        Neil

  /* Narrow the stack according to the arguments given to
     scm_make_stack.  These arguments come in pairs: (inner_cut_1
     outer_cut_1 inner_cut_2 outer_cut_2 ...).

     Each inner_cut_N can be #t, an integer (SCM_INUMP), or a
     procedure.  #t means to cut away all frames up to but excluding
     the first user module frame.  An integer means to cut away
     exactly that number of frames.  A procedure means to cut away all
     frames up to but excluding the application frame whose procedure
     matches the specified one.

     Each outer_cut_N can be an integer or a procedure.  An integer
     means to cut away that number of frames.  A procedure means to
     cut away frames down to but excluding the application frame whose
     procedure matches the specified one.

     If the outer_cut_N of the last pair is missing, it is taken as 0.  */