Re: Loading Guile `Extensions'

From: thi
Subject: Re: Loading Guile `Extensions'
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 12:16:50 -0700

   From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
   Date: 20 May 2001 19:22:25 +0200

   [explanation of new system]

thanks very much for the explanation.  i think this kind of summary
should go into the documentation somewhere.  if included, it would help
tame the angry hordes of curmudgeons that i see myself exemplifying. :->

   Ok, well, I didn't mean to rant on you.  Just to show that I do care.
   Err.

that was never in doubt.

   Yes, maybe it's even the truth.  Maybe I (foremost) are immature when
   it comes to turning principles into practice.  So any specific advise
   is very welcome.

well one principle i like to think about and sometimes practice is when
simplifying a system (as is the case here), to re-implement the more
complex form using the simpler primitives.  this highlights semantic
drift in somewhat more of a quantifiable way than wholesale replacement,
and gives us a good place (i.e., comments in the old interface code) to
put explanations and other design-decision documentation.  of course,
this is more work and everyone is so busy... ;->

thi