Re: Where we left versioning modules (accurate summary?).

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: Where we left versioning modules (accurate summary?).
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 13:44:26 +0200

On Tue, Jun 12, 2001 at 11:11:45PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
: Conclusion: before anything else, we really need to see if we can get
: libtool's API fixed to include a function that allows you to specify a
: version to an open command.  i.e. perhaps it should support something
: like lt_dlopen_version("libguile-foo-bar", 9) which would indicate
: roughly the same thing that an normally ldd linked app would already
: know wrt the version of interface it needs.

Wouldn't you want to ask for a revision too?  I'll grant you that it will
be 0 in most cases, but I would guess you could depend on a certain
bugfix in a library, and when you fix an implementation bug you increment
revision and let current stay the same, right?

  Lars J