Re: Another preproc portability problem with the new snarfer

From: Michael Livshin
Subject: Re: Another preproc portability problem with the new snarfer
Date: 08 Jun 2001 15:30:48 +0300

Matthias Koeppe <address@hidden> writes:

> Here is a sample line from the preprocessor output when invoked with
> -DSCM_MAGIC_SNARF_DOCS. Note the whitespace between the magic ^ characters.
>
>  ^ ^ { ^ ^ fname . "sloppy-assq" ^ ^ type . primitive ^ ^ location "alist.c"
> . 83 ^ ^ arglist . ( SCM key , SCM alist ) ^ ^ argsig 2 0 0 ^ ^ ( "Behaves
> like @code{assq} but does not do any error checking.\n" "Recommended only for
> use in Guile internals." ) ^ ^ }

oh.  thanks, I'll look at fixing this.

> Both guile-snarf.in and filter-doc-snarfage.c need to be fixed to cope
> with the extra whitespace. For the former, I have the following
> patch.
>
> [snip]

thanks a lot!

> BTW, is there a reason for guile_filter_doc_snarfage having
> underscores, whereas everything else uses nice dashes?

automake didn't like dashes, so I made them underscores.  perhaps
there is some way to convince Automake to like dashes, I don't know.

as a side effect, the underscores provide a hint that the thing is not
to be called by the user. ;)

--
I think we might have been better off with a slide rule.
                -- Zaphod Beeblebrox