Re: Trouble with `export'.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Trouble with `export'.
Date: 04 Jun 2001 17:30:45 +0200

thi <address@hidden> writes:

>    This is not a good fix since it is not common practice to write code
>    in that way, and it fails silently when not doing it right.  What's
>    worse, whether it fails or not depends on what bindings are visible
>    from imported modules, which is not a locally visible thing, usually.
>
> well, this style looks very familiar to me since it's what i use
> virtually exclusively.  it's difficult to accurately gauge what is
> "common", moreso to base your evaluation on this perception.  better to
> be algorithmic than heuristical (he says, heuristically ;-).

Yeah, good point.  However, I don't think I want to specify that you
need to first define something and then you can export it.  I think it
is better to be able to have the high-level module system descriptions
to be declarative rather than procedural.  This will help with a
static view of the module system.