Re: Build probs under Solaris

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Build probs under Solaris
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 15:14:39 +0200 (MEST)

[taken to guile-devel]

> From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
> Date: 21 May 2001 03:05:49 +0200
>
> Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > I have just tried to build a fresh CVS Guile under Solaris, but got no
> > luck.  After updating and a make clean, autogen.sh gave the following
> > warnings:
>
> This might be because we have removed the copy of libtool.m4 from
> acinclude.m4.  Now aclocal needs to find the right libtool.m4 on your
> box.  aclocal only looks into <prefix>/share/aclocal, where <prefix>
> is the installation `--prefix' of autoconf.  A common problem is that
> aclocal looks into /usr/share/aclocal while third-party autoconf
> macros are installed in /usr/local/share/aclocal.  You might want to
> check this.

Yes, that seems to be the problem.  At university, I have installed
libtool 1.3.5 in my home directory, because the admins here have only
installed 1.2.

I have tried to fix it by adding an --acdir option to the aclocal
invocation in guile-aclocal.sh, but it does not work yet.  I will have
to try harder, I guess.

BTW, aclocal complains about these missing macros:

autoconf: Undefined macros:
configure.in:144:AC_LIBLTDL_CONVENIENCE
configure.in:149:AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN

and I don't have AC_LIBLTDL in my (version 1.3.5= libtool.m4.  Was
that added later, or is it in another .m4 file?  Did anybody have this
problem to?

Regards,
  'martin