Re: Should I add cond-expand to boot-9.scm?

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Should I add cond-expand to boot-9.scm?
Date: 14 May 2001 14:53:33 -0500

Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden> writes:

> I would make the change, but would like to see what people think
> about srfi-6.  It could be factored out in the future, so that it
> requires a (use-modules (srfi srfi-16)).  So should it be included
> by default?

Hmm.  Given today's mood, I tend to lean toward being strict and
requiring people to have use-modules statements for *everything*
that's not srfi-0.  This makes it clearer what a given set of code
depends on, leaves us flexibility to move things around later (for
smaller footprint versions, or whatever), and might make implementing
other execution units (compiler, VM, JIT) easier by making sure they
know what's needed (since they might not have the same defaults).