Re: add guile-tools?

From: thi
Subject: Re: add guile-tools?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 10:34:19 -0700

   From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
   Date: 01 May 2001 21:35:12 +0200

   [using configure-substituted vars]

   Why?  I think using guile-config is quite nice.

using guile-config is elegant, but inefficient.

   You might add command line options to overwrite the pkgdatadir and
   guileversion, maybe.

good idea.

   I see nothing wrong with that.  Everything "guile-" belongs to us.
   It might not be good to have programs appear and disappear from
   release to release randomly, but having a generic guile-tools wrapper
   that can handle multiple installed Guile versions looks like a good
   idea to me.  Kinda like gcc does it.

ok.  i'll add at guile-core top-level and install in $bindir.

thi