Re: Module system docs

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Module system docs
Date: 27 Apr 2001 08:28:00 +0100

    Martin> Hello list, the current module system documentation
    Martin> contains this paragraph.

       First of all, the Guile module system sets up a
     hierarchical name space, and that name space can be
     represented like Unix pathnames preceded by a @key{#}
     character.  The root name space for all Guile-supplied
     modules is called @code{ice-9}.

    Martin> Is anything of that relevant enough anymore to be included
    Martin> in the manual?

For hierarchical name space, I didn't really follow the thread on that
subject, so I'm not sure.

For the module name syntax like `#/ice-9/session', which was the old
way of saying `(ice-9 session)', I think that definitely should not be
documented.

        Neil