Re: Several questions.

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Several questions.
Date: 21 Apr 2001 15:30:13 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> *top-level-lookup-closure* is used by set-current-module in
> boot-9.scm.  But doesn't our definition of deprecation mean that
> there must be an alternative, non-deprecated way of achieving the
> same thing?  So it should be possible to rewrite set-current-module
> without referring to *top-level-lookup-closure*.

Yes.  The fix is simply to not set *top-level-lookup-closure* in
set-current-module.

Then we should remove the scm:evil-transformer variable and move more
and more module system code to C (but only when that is easy).  I
think a good intermediate goal is to have a minimal "boot-modules.scm"
file and move the rest of boot-9.scm into a proper module.

I feel like doing this on the spot...