Re: Some thoughts about documentation

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Some thoughts about documentation
Date: 16 Apr 2001 10:11:07 +0100

    Dale> Alex Shinn wrote:
    >>  >>>>> "Ariel" == Ariel Rios <address@hidden> writes:
    >>
    Ariel> Maybe... "Programming with Guile... Learning by example"
    >>  Or "The Guile Cookbook"?
    >>
    >> I think this would be very helpful.  I'm trying to convert some
    >> friends to scheme, and it seems the biggest road-block is that
    >> scheme has such a distinct way of doing things - not quite
    >> imperative, not quite functional.  A cookbook of common idioms,
    >> including Guile extensions and examples of C embedding, would
    >> help overcome the initial uneasiness of neophyte schemers.

    Dale> I agree.  Most of what I know about Perl, I learned from the
    Dale> "Common Tasks With Perl" chapter in the old pink camel
    Dale> book. The "Real Perl Programs" chapter was good too.
    Dale> Someone suggested a while ago (a year or two) that we
    Dale> convert all those to scheme.  I think it would be a great
    Dale> idea.

Thanks, Dale and everyone else, for your support and suggestions for a
Guile Cookbook manual.

Does anyone have any thoughts about the copyright issue?  I.e. would
it really be easier to allow contributors to retain their own
coprights, or would that just be storing up trouble for the future?

Regards,
        Neil