Re: Question about (debug-enable 'trace) vs (trap-enable ...)

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Question about (debug-enable 'trace) vs (trap-enable ...)
Date: 12 Apr 2001 18:10:15 -0500

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> > As I've said, I have a working profiler, with all bells and
> > whistles, but I'd like to replace some code with C to get
> > reasonable speed.  I'll try to mail you what I have right now
> > tomorrow evening or so, and will *try* to get time to finish it
> > during this weekend.
>
> Well, if you've got other things that you need to do, don't let me
> push you.  I'm happy to keep playing around a bit longer, and if I
> can't get anything working soon, I can just go do something else for
> a while.  I just wanted to see if I could get something simple
> working immediately.

FWIW I gave up on the apply-frame exit-frame "trace based" profiler.
I couldn't figure out how to match up apply/exit calls since I may get
more than one exit call for a given apply call.

No big deal, though.  I'll just wait for you to get the time to
release your stuff.  As far as I'm concerned, don't worry about it
being perfect, though.  As long as its results are good enough to
point me toward the functions eating up most of our time, that's all I
need.  It doesn't have to be strictly correct ATM.

Thanks