Re: Thread support plan with initial patch

From: NIIBE Yutaka
Subject: Re: Thread support plan with initial patch
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 18:19:38 +0900 (JST)

Dirk Herrmann wrote:
 > Well, I only gave it a short look.  However, at least the patch for
 > test-suite/lib.scm is out of date and should not be applied.  This will
 > most probably also require some of the test cases to be updated.

OK, I'll examine that part.

 > It is difficult to figure out at which places you changed my original
 > patch - at least the auto{conf,make} stuff is from you.  Were there any
 > additional patches necessary?

Well, I'll send break-down pieces.  Most parts are just your code
(following recent update of files).

My change is a little, basically two:

        * Add rules for Makefile.am to produce libguileqthreads
        * Add loading of libguileqthreads on start-up

Your branch did not build without those changes.  My guess is: you did
it, but you did forget it to commit, or else?

There's one thing I did not apply from your branch:

        * __scm.h (SCM_THREAD_DEFER, SCM_THREAD_ALLOW, SCM_THREAD_REDEFER,
        SCM_THREAD_SWITCHING_CODE, SCM_THREAD_SWITCH_COUNT):  Moved here
        from threads.h.  These macros, however, may have to be updated in
        order to be used with other thread packages than coop.

Because those will be removed by my POSIX thread support.