Re: guile-vm 0.3

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-vm 0.3
Date: 03 Apr 2001 17:10:25 -0500

Keisuke Nishida <address@hidden> writes:

> Hmm, if you don't need to support modules, like hobbit, you can use
> my VM reasonably soon, by translating Scheme into GHIL directly:
>
>   (car x)  =>  (@car x)   ;; Don't look up `car' in modules

Well, gnucash doesn't use modules at all (yet), though I was planning
to start switching us over to use them soon (now that I understand how
the current module system works better).

> You can modify it like this:
>
>   load-symbol "foo"
>   link/current-module     ;; look up the symbol in the current module
>   variable-ref

OK.  I'll have to get more familiar with it before I'd know how to
deal with this.

> All top-level variables are linked with the current module.
> Probably this is all you have to do to support the current module
> system.
>
> Maybe I'll do it right now.

Great.  Let me know if it works.  If I get time tomorrow, I'll see if
I can get your vm working here.

Thanks