SCM_ASSYNT

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: SCM_ASSYNT
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 00:43:32 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

currently I am trying to get rid of the function scm_wta, which is a
strange entry point for a couple of error signalling functions.  Doing
that, I stumbled across the macro SCM_ASSYNT, which is defined exactly
as SCM_ASSERT is.  I suggest to deprecate SCM_ASSYNT and use SCM_ASSERT
instead.  However, as I intend to eliminate all calls to SCM_ASSERT which
don't check for the correct argument type, alternatively SCM_ASSYNT could
be replaced by a test and a call to SCM_MISC_ERROR at once, i. e. not
replacing it by SCM_ASSERT intermediately.

Let me know whether this is OK.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann