Re: API for introduction of bindings

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: API for introduction of bindings
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:30:13 +0100 (MET)

> From: Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden>
> Date: 18 Dec 2000 18:06:33 +0100
>
> address@hidden writes:
>
> > At 17 Dec 2000 20:00:38 +0100,
> > Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> > >
> > > I suggest that we instead focus on the problem of dividing the current
> > > set of bindings into a nice hierarchy of modules, like
> > > "(core safe-r5rs)", "(core r5rs)", etc.  (I think Maciej and Jim had a
> > > preliminary proposal, Maciej? Jim?)
> >
> > I'd prefer modules like "(core list)", "(core string)", etc. according
> > to their functionality rather than standards.  We can build standard
> > modules like "(scheme r5rs)" by importing the core modules and exporting
> > necessary bindings, right?
>
> That's certainly possible.
>
> Is this useful?  (It's not meant as a rhetoric question.)

I'm not sure but maybe someone would like to write his/her code close
to any standard or dialect, and wants to import bindings available
there.  Also useful for educational purposes, when restricting imports
to some subset of all available bindings.

'mgrabmue

--
Martin Grabmueller              address@hidden
http://www.pintus.de/mgrabmue/  address@hidden on EFnet