Re: Guile reference manual questions

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Guile reference manual questions
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 07:05:32 -0600 (MDT)

    I think the module-centered view is also useful, but more for add-ons
    than for what we consider to be core Guile.  For core Guile,
    functional grouping is what is most likely to be useful to the
    newcomer.

Yes, definitely, it should be organized functionally.  Modules are
part of the implementation structure, and documentation should always
be organized according to the conceptual structure of usage, rather
than the implementation structure (where they are different).