Re: Translator and R5RS

From: Ariel Rios
Subject: Re: Translator and R5RS
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 23:04:20 -0400

Keisuke Nishida wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Guile is going to translate several languages to Scheme, and Guile is
> supporting R5RS.  My question is whether the translated code should be
> R5RS or not.

In my opinion it should be R5RS or IEEE (whenever that gets out). I am
not really
happy with creating scheme dialects that can't be used in other places.
A nice solution would be to have both options, that is a r5rs translator
and as
you said a ischeme that can be used in the VM.

However, r5rs code shold also be supported within the VM

ariel