grub-devel

Re: Please add better line editing

From: Michael Zimmermann
Subject: Re: Please add better line editing
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2017 07:48:18 +0200

are you booting grub in BIOS or UEFI mode? GRUB in BIOS mode is
usually pretty slow because it constantly has to switch between real
and protected mode. In UEFI, GRUB is running at full speed.

Ofc, that doesn't help you if you need to boot in BIOS mode, but it's
a hint at where the slowness may come from.

Thanks
Michael