grub-devel

Menu for booting BTRFS snapshots

From: Robert LeBlanc
Subject: Menu for booting BTRFS snapshots
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2017 14:40:50 -0700

I'm trying to add some menuentry items to move between btrfs
snapshots. I've added the following in the non-snapshot
/etc/grub.d/40_custom.

menuentry 'RXE Snapshot' {
       load_env -f /snaps/rxe-boot/grub2/grubenv
       configfile /snaps/rxe-boot/grub2/grub.cfg
}

It loads the config for my RXE snapshot, but in doesn't select the
default menuentry as specified in the snapshot's grubenv. This makes
it so that it won't boot automatically into a snapshot kernel (I
created a 09_header file to add a noop menuentry that tells me I'm
using the RXE snapshot config and that is what is selected). It
doesn't matter if load_env is before or after configfile. Other than
this, it works as expected.

I don't think I can use chainload because it is a 'directory' on the
btrfs file system.

Any ideas on how to accomplish what I want?

Thank you,
Robert LeBlanc
PGP Fingerprint 79A2 9CA4 6CC4 45DD A904  C70E E654 3BB2 FA62 B9F1