grub-devel

Re: cursor position does not follow output

From: Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: cursor position does not follow output
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 11:25:50 +0200

What do you use as terminal on host side? Does it support vt100? Can you enable recoding to see what sequence was sent?

On May 8, 2015 20:09, "Olaf Hering" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Fri, May 08, Olaf Hering wrote:

> In my testing with a PV guest I notice that the cursor during input
> remains at the 24th row. The actual output of the help command for
> example lists all possible commands and causes scrolling. If I enter
> something the input does not appear at the bottom but at the 24 row.

The output looks like that:

                          GNU GRUB  version 2.02~beta2

   Minimal BASH-like line editing is supported. For the first word, TAB
   lists possible command completions. Anywhere else TAB lists possible
   device or file completions.

grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error: can't find command `s'.
grub> s
error:ssssss find command `s'.
error: can't find command `ssss'.'.
grub>

That is, whatever I do the input appears in the line with all the 'sss'.
Happens within a screen session and with a plain xterm.

Olaf