grub-devel

Re: Has anyone integrate openSSL into GRUB?

From: Mat Troi
Subject: Re: Has anyone integrate openSSL into GRUB?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:17:54 -0700

Thank you for bringing up the licensing issue.  It would have been a waste of time developing it and then can't use it.  I think our group is going to pursue the gnuTLS route.  If anyone has experienced in integrating gnuTLS or any other library into GRUB2, please let me know.  Thanks.

On Mon, Sep 1, 2014 at 11:56 AM, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko <address@hidden> wrote:
On 30.08.2014 00:55, Mat Troi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just wondering if anyone has tried to integrate openSSL into GRUB?

It's possible to integrate GnuTLS in GRUB. It may even appear to work.
But without good entropy source SSL/TLS is as good as xoring with
49686176656e6f6964656161626f757463727970746f