grub-devel

How to pick a kernel to boot ?

From: Lukáš Czerner
Subject: How to pick a kernel to boot ?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 16:46:19 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

I have a simple question about grub2 which I can not find satisfying
answer to.

What is a proper way to pick a kernel to boot from in case I have
multiple kernels installed ? Note that picking the right kernel from
the menu is not an option I do not always have access to the
console.

With grub legacy, this was easy. Simply edit

 /boot/grub/menu.lst

and pick the right number. All the information I need are in that
file.

So what is a recommended way to do this with grub2 ?

Thanks!
-Lukas