grub-devel

Re: booting btrfs

From: Andrey Borzenkov
Subject: Re: booting btrfs
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 06:45:22 +0400

В Tue, 15 Oct 2013 13:47:14 -0600
Chris Murphy <address@hidden> пишет:

> > I'm not sure when and how top level may become != 5.
>
> starting where you left off with the sub2 subvolume mounted
>
> # btrfs subvol create /mnt/nested
> # btrfs subvol list /mnt
> ID 262 gen 135 top level 5 path dir1/sub1
> ID 263 gen 140 top level 5 path dir2/sub2
> ID 264 gen 140 top level 263 path nested

Now try to remount with subvolid=0 and you will see that all subvolumes
have top level == 5. So it appears to be some run-time property. I do
not know why it is exposed (i.e. how user space can or should make use
of it).

Now "parent" is more interesting because it really tells us parent
subvolume and it permanent on-disk property.