grub-devel

Re: Where is GRUB development?

From: Lennart Sorensen
Subject: Re: Where is GRUB development?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 13:07:14 -0400

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 09:24:34AM -0700, Bruce Korb wrote:
> I've been Googling around to no particular avail.  I have this
> _really_ difficult problem.  I need to boot into single user mode and
> GRUB2 has made it so difficult that I am unable to accomplish that.  I
> am sure there are reasons for obscuring the obvious in this way, but
> such reasons escape me.  If anyone here is still doing GRUB2
> development, *please* consider an enhancement to the interface that
> will make it obvious and easy to boot into run levels 1 and 3 as well
> as 5.  Thank you.

That's a kernel command line issue, and something every distribution I
have ever used took care of automatically by creating extra grub menu
entries with the correct arguments.

Nothing to do with grub other than grub happens to do what you tell it
in the config.

So grub has done nothing to make it difficult since it has never been
a grub issue.

--
Len Sorensen