grub-devel

Re: grub-mount (ubuntu) hangs with hfs+ partition

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: grub-mount (ubuntu) hangs with hfs+ partition
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:30:26 +0100

On 24.02.2012 21:28, Kees Bakker wrote:
On 24-02-12 11:34, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
On 23.02.2012 21:46, Kees Bakker wrote:

I've tried to debug this problem, but I am not making any progress.
The program hangs in a while(1) loop at line 657 in grub-core/fs/hfsplus.c

there is no loop at this location in the latest trunk. Could you use this please?

Correct, the while (1) is at line 665.

Here is the good news: the hang does not happen with the trunk version
anymore.
But there is still a minor bug that you can make this loop hang with a broken FS (btree loop). I've added standard Brent's check to avoid this.

Great work Vladimir. You seem to have done quite a bit of work there,
according to the ChangeLog. Thanks a lot.

Now, if only Ubuntu would like to take a more recent upstream version ...

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko