grub-devel

Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig

From: Seth Goldberg
Subject: Re: Add prefix option to grub-mkconfig
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 14:07:59 -0700 (PDT)

Quoting Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko, who wrote the following on...:

On 26.10.2011 22:54, Keshav P R wrote:
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 02:18, Seth Goldberg <address@hidden
<mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    Hi,

     Personally, I'd love to see boot-directory go away also -- I
    think you should be able to specify the exact directory you want
    without worrying about /grub being appended.  Same goes for mkconfig.

     --S

Yes, that would be best and gives direct control to the user. For now
GRUB_PREFIX denotes that final dir (atleast in the scripts).

Ok, I open directory you specifiec without thinking too much and spill
loads of files in it. Happy sorting.

That's kinda the way I feel about boot-directory ;). One cannot protect users from themselves for everything ;).

 --S